Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello friends!  I hope you have been enjoying the Fall weather.  I thought I would share a little gift bag and card celebrating Fall and being thankful for our blessing as Thanksgiving approaches.  I have much to be thankful for and look forward to spending time with loved ones.


The gift bag is a simple lunch bag stamped with the colors of the season.  I used PKSC-09 September 2012 for the leaves and acorn and PKSC-10 October 2012 for the Turkey and sentiment.  The stamps that I used are from a monthly subscription that you can sign up for.  You can read all about the program here.   It is a fantastic bargain and so much fun to receive some peachy goodness each month in the mail.

I used pigment inks to stamp the leaves.  I find that pigment inks are best used on solid stamps.  Have you ever noticed if you use regular ink on a solid stamp it often appears spotty?  The stamped image can also be affected by the type of paper you use.  These are things you will learn by exploring different inks and stamps along with a variety of papers.  Happy stamping!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

Hugs and smiles,
Janice

4 comments:

  1. I love your Fall creations, Janice! Beautiful colors!
    Hugs,
    Simona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Janice!! Love the colours and what is better to give someone than something handmade like your gift bag and card? Love them :) happy Thanksgiving! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice ~ Oh GORGEOUS! I LOVE how you took that simple brown bag and just made it simply STUNNIGN! Then that dang turkey is so darn CUTE!! I think I may actually have him too! LOL! I am grateful for my family and cant wait to spend time with them! I am also grateful for bloggy friends like you ~ who have been so kind to me thru some very hard times! TU! Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your Autumn/Thanksgiving project Janice. You always come up trumps my friend! Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family!
    love Viv. xxx

    ReplyDelete

comments

>