Sunday, December 14, 2008
I love the Scandinavian Christmas set by Stampin' Up. I heat embossed the mittens and snowflakes with silver embossing powder. I like my mittens to match so I stamped one mitten on a mirror image stamp with versamark and then onto whisper white cardstock. If you do not have a mirror image stamp I have seen some people use acetate. I used a bashful blue SU marker to color some of the mitten and cut them out. Then I used bashful blue designer paper, whisper white, and silver hodgepodge to finish the card. I hope you like it! Have a great day!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Suzanne, http://cardgarden.blogspot.com/ , tagged me so now it is my turn to play. Thanks Suzanne! Sorry I don't know how to do the fancy link to your name.
1. I am the youngest of 9 girls and my 8 sisters all live in WI where we were born and raised. I now live in MA and I love it here! I love WI too but MA is nice!
2. I have 13 nephews and 13 nieces and became an Aunt at the age of 10. I love kids and wish I would have had more, but I was blessed with 3 wonderful sons!
Oops, I also have 3 nieces from my husbands side of the family. I haven't even met one of my nieces and she is already 3! I will meet her this Christmas! YAY!
3. I was unknowingly an accomplice to a crime when I worked at Big Boy in WI. I was pregnant with my first son. There was a waitress named Eve, probably an alias, that I worked with. Her husband also worked there. They had 2 young girls and were selling a crib so my husband and I went to take a look. While at Eve's house she received a phone call. She asked if I could go pick something up for her from her husband who was working at Big Boy that evening. He was a night manager. I said sure, so she wouldn't have to take her girls out. I went to Big Boy and Steve, her husband, handed me an envelope to give to Eve. I gave her the envelope. Then she asked if I would mind watching the girls while she ran upstairs to pay the landlord the rent. When she came back, we payed for the crib and took it home. The next morning I received a phone call and was told they had stolen some money and skipped town. I felt so used and betrayed. Thankfully nothing happened to me, I really was clueless and trusted them. I felt so bad for those innocent little girls being raised by them. I hope their lives turned out ok. That happened over 23 years ago.
Eve used to cry and say other waitresses were taking her tips. She played on my naivety and trusting nature to take advantage of me.(Wow, I didn't know it could still make me feel so betrayed.) Next.....
4. Are you still hanging in there reading this? When I was babysitting my niece, she was 5 or so, I was 16 or 17, she started choking on a Brach's butterscotch candy. She was trying to cry but couldn't because her airway was really blocked. I picked her up and gave her the Heimlich Maneuver. The candy shot out of her mouth and she started crying. Thankfully she was ok. I wonder if she remembers that? I remember learning about the Heimlich Maneuver in the mid 70's. My sister Patti and I used to practice on each other. Good thing we did because it just came naturally to me when I saw my niece choking.
5. When I was a little girl I entered a drawing of children sledding down a snowy hill into a contest sponsored by my Dad's place of employment. I think my sister Patti helped me with it. I won a $10.00 prize and felt guilty because she helped. Patti I owe you $5.00. Still guilty after all these years. :( By the way it is Patti's birthday today. Happy Birthday Sister!! Love you!!
6. Well since I am taking a stroll down memory lane, we used to hide under the bed and grab at my sister's legs when they were going to bed. It always scared them to death. We used to scare my Mom with plastic spiders. She hated bugs. I have always liked scaring people and scary movies. When I was in college, I hid im my closet and when my room-mate walked in I scared her. And yes I have still been known to scare a sister or two even at my age. (Will I ever grow up?)
7. My family thinks I talk too much! Do ya think? Now I have to find 7 people that haven't been tagged to play along. I will do my best. Thanks for reading my ramblings. :)