Saturday, March 28, 2009

Birds of a Different Feather


While blog hopping, I was inspired by my creative friend Patti to step out and find inspiration elsewhere. I found this picture of a quilt in a book and choose the bird as my inspiration piece.

I used Stampin' Ups slit punch to make the feathers. (Putsy, I know. I don't mind putsy if I am only making one.) I changed the colors of the bird, drew the body and the wings onto white cardstock and cut the pieces out. Starting at the bottom of the bird's body, I glued alternating rows of color, slightly overlapping, as I made my way up to the top of the bird. I did the same with the wings of the bird. Then I glued the pieces of the bird onto a light blue background, layered it onto an embossed piece of white cardstock and finished it off with a polka dot bow. Thanks for the inspiration Patti. Thanks to Judy, also. (Two of my creative, stamping friends.) Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. WOW! That must have taken you forever, but it totally paid off! great job!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janice, that's so pretty! I'm not sure I would have ever thought to make the bird's feathers like that. I'm glad you were inspired by my challenge. You did a beautiful job.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! this is a work of art! I hope you will frame it. What an outstanding piece of art.

    Yes! Judy surely did unleash some inspiration! when she posed her challenge : ) I'm so glad you played along.

    (((Hugs))) Patti

    ReplyDelete

comments

>