Monday, August 9, 2010

Lets Do Lunch


I can't believe it is Monday already! Hope you all had a great weekend. For today's card I used dies from the new summer release. I love the Picnic Basket die! I grew up in WI and my Mom would pack a picnic lunch at least once each summer, and we would head off to Bay Beach for a day of FUN! We had one of those metal coolers from the 50's. I love everything from the 50's, especially kitchen decor.

The finished card size is 6x6. I cut the picnic basket using white cardstock and colored with copics. I used a small piece of gingham paper for the cloth inside the basket. I usually use scraps and place the paper over the part of the die I want to cut. Of course if you prefer to color your die cuts, you will have very little waste. I am so glad Lorie gave me that wonderful tip! It opened up a wide range of possibilities. I never really thought about it. I would choose colored cardstock to cut my images, but now the possibilities are endless! Thanks Lorie!

The Picnic Ant and the Picnic Ladybug are so cute! The drumstick and the slice of watermelon are cute too! You could have them carry different items to switch it up a bit. I could have put the drumstick in the picnic basket and have the ant carry the apple.

I used a small alphabet stamp set to stamp the words, "Let's Do Lunch".

Picnic anyone? Enjoy the day!

Hugs and smiles!
Janice

8 comments:

  1. This is SO super cute! I love all the details. I think I might just take the kids out on a picnic today. It sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to look at on this fabulous card! Your coloring just amazes me every time I see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable!! Love all the great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable! I love the size and everything about it. That drumstick is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Janice!! I love your card. It brings back many happy memories! Hugs Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice I just love your style. I would like to take classes with you beening the teacher. So for now I will just watch your Blog Thanks For sharing

    Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete

comments

>